|2014 Dates and Times Coming Soon!|
$299 Training Fee includes:
(Please send in the prerequisite video submission first!)
- -Instruction manual and basic step DVDs
- -3 months of FREE access to the MyDoonya instructor portal of videos, curriculum, and instructor community engagement
- -Free Doonya tee/tank
- Marketing materials, business advice, and much more!
Please review our FAQs for more info and full details!
Doonya Level 1 Training
If you are a teacher, fitness or dance instructor and have the drive to spread the joy of Doonya to your community this is for you! All are welcome to explore teaching Doonya.
The Doonya Instructor Training course is the first step to becoming a licensed teacher! We’ll work with you to get you ready to teach this program wherever you’d like. To continue your education we offer a monthly subscription to our online library of training videos, materials and choreography.
This course teaches you the fundamentals and breakdown to teaching Doonya. You will learn the various forms of Bollywood-inspired dance we incorporate (Village Celebrations, Classical Conditioning, Pop Bhangra and Bolly-Pop styles).
Prerequisite: Some teaching, dance, or fitness background and/or understanding. Bollywood dance specific experience not required! Must submit audition video and receive approval prior to registration.
Those interested in teacher training should submit an audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following specs:• Introduction of who you are and why you want to be a Doonya instructor
- Teaching Demo: Learn about 1 minute of Doonya’s routines from our online workout videos (suggestions below).Send us a video of yourself doing the steps and leading a hypothetical class through them (as we do in the video).
- Videos can be 1 min long, does not need to be full routine, we just want to get an idea of your energy and personality!
Choose from the following:
- Dilliwaali Girlfriend
- Govinda Ala Re
- Holi Nach
- Ainvayi Ainvayi
We do not expect perfection, as much of this will be taught in training, but need to get a general sense of ability and fit prior to training. Upload on youtube and send as unlisted link (privacy settings) to email@example.com
Subscribe to get full 2013/2014 training schedule updates
To host a training at your area Email us: info at doonya dot com